Reduce your Arizona Income Tax and keep your tax dollars in your community for a great cause!
The 2017 Arizona Tax Credit for Charitable Organizations update: The amount you can give and receive a dollar for dollar tax credit has been doubled to $400 for individuals and $800 for couples filing jointly.
Tax Credit Contribution by Debit or Credit Card: Click here
– We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Tax Credit Contribution by Check, Mailed: Download Mailer Form
The Tax Credit Program was originally referred to by the state of Arizona as Charities That Provide Assistance to the Working Poor. It is now called the CONTRIBUTIONS TO QUALIFYING CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS tax credit. We are proud to qualify for this worthy designation.
Itemizing deductions is no longer required to qualify for the Arizona Tax Credit for the Sedona Community Center. However, if you do itemize deductions, you may also deduct your contribution on Schedule A of your federal income tax return.
This Tax Credit Program is separate from the “School” Tax Credit publicized by the Sedona/Oak Creek School District. You can contribute to either or both and increase the amount of credit received. Our tax credit program is $400 for individual and $800 for couples filing jointly. The Kids Schools Tax Credit program is $200 for an individual and $400 for a couple filing jointly. You can give to both Seniors and Kids.
This means your state income tax liability will be reduced by the full amount of your contribution – Dollar for Dollar. (If you have extra credit left over, you can carry it forward for up to five years.)
(Consult with your tax professional for information about the state’s tax credit program)
Read from the Arizona State website information covering the Credit for Contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations. Click here.
- The Arizona Department of Revenue form that you need when you file your taxes is Form 321 – 2016. This is the 2017 form.
- Click here for instructions on filling out Form 321 to receive the credit.
Half the population of Sedona is 50 years old or older.
The Sedona Community Center is the only organization in the area that provides nutrition services to seniors with its “Meals on Wheels”, “Breakfast/Weekend Club” and “Community Lunch” programs. The center serves over 40,000 meals annually with half being delivered directly to the senior’s home.
- Sedona Community Center’s operating budget is in excess of $500,000 with less than half received from grants. Our services are partially funded by AAA/NACOG/DES, ALTCS and the City of Sedona. Last year (2015) the tax credit donations totaled $124,300 and substantially helped the SCC to operate and avoid operating at a loss.
- 60% of our budget is contingent upon receiving income from programs, facility rentals, gifts, and donations from caring people like you. We thank you so very much for your support.
The Adult Community Center of Sedona, Inc. is now doing business as the Sedona Community Center.
We are a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization